Friday, September 09, 2016

Foundations - Lesson 1 - My homework

Back to school time! I decided to sign up for Foundations by Liz Steel. I am sketching more and more, and I am quite interested in Urban Sketching, so I thought it would be a good fit. Plus I love Liz's style of urban sketching, and of course her tea cups!

So I've got Lesson 1 under my belt now - all about knowing your materials. I found it useful because, like a lot of people I guess, I've accumulated a lot or art supplies over the years. Too much choice can be nice. But most of the time, too much choice is just, well, too much choice. It's good to narrow it down, at least for the purpose of this online class.

The pages below look like a lot of work, but I worked on them over a few days, and each was really quick. It was good fun.

Onto Lesson 2!












No comments:

Post a Comment