So the first thing I had to do was to complete that painting. I had invested a few hours in it, and I just could not abandon it, no matter how tempted I was.
So I scrubbed off areas that were too dark. I added a few glazes of transparent red. And I started working on the background.
And then I added more and more layers to the background. The problem is that I had spattered masking fluid, and it started to look like my sunflower was floating in space, amongst the stars. I don't have a picture of that stage. I only have one just before I removed the masking fluid. As you can see, not too promising:
TO BE CONTINUED...