Monday, November 23, 2015

Not a pumpkin, not a gourd

I don't know if it's because of my health problems this summer, or just that I'm not getting any younger, but I'm forgetting words more and more. Let's hope it's not early onset!

But no matter how hard I try, I can't think of the word for this vegetable that looks like a gourd on the outside and has the lovely orange of a pumpkin on the inside. I could google it I guess, but that won't help my brain, will it. Maybe I'm suffering from over-reliance on Google? In which case, the world is in deep trouble.

Wonderful soup was made out of it. Hence the title! And yesterday, we had celeriac, apple and butter beans soup, which was divine! Maybe I'll try to draw and paint a celeriac - nice subtle shades of white!

Butternut squash! That's the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment