Saturday, September 04, 2010

Satay House

I've been meaning to write about Satay House, a Malaysian restaurant in London, ever since we got back from our Paddy's Day mini-break. We had been there last year, as it was very close to our hotel, and we liked it so much we had to go back. And it was just as good. I can't remember for the life of me what we had to eat (I can't even remember what I had for dinner last week), but I do remember I had a lovely dessert. I think it was the Sago Gula Melaka - tapioca pudding with palm sugar and coconut milk - real comfort food.

A customer of mine recommended I try the Ais Kacang next time I'm over. Some people call it "that ridiculous dessert" - apparently, it's got a bit of everything and 2 types of syrup and condensed milk and ice shavings, and sometimes a scoop of ice-cream on top. Do an image search for Ais Kacang in Google and you'll see what I'm talking about! But be warned, it's not for the faint-hearted. I think when I try it, I'll skip starters!

I picked one of the pictures that looked the most appetizing from this blog, which contains plenty of photos of exotic and wonderful foods from Malaysia and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment