Sunday, February 08, 2009

Underworld

Another movie that crosses over the genres: Underworld is a story set in a world where vampires and werewolves roam the world, with, it would seem, very little interest in normal people, even just to drink their blood. They are so busy killing each other, that there is no need to deal with humans - apart from one human, that is, Michael, whose blood has peculiar properties.

Like the last movie I reviewed, Alien vs Predator, this is not a fantastic movie, but the action went at a good pace, the special effects weren't bad, and there were a couple of good actors in it, including Michael Sheen who played Frost in Frost/Nixon. We knew that werewolf looked very familiar - I just couldn't place him, until Brendan checked his name on the internet!

By the way, this was classified as horror - I didn't find it scary at all.
PS: I tried to view the Underworld website in Chrome, Google's browser, but it wouldn't work for me. I got a message telling me to download Flash, but the versions of Flash didn't include Chrome as a platform. When I tried anyway, it told me to close Chrome, and then the Flash install froze after that. So I'm back to Internet Explorer!

No comments:

Post a Comment