Friday, February 20, 2009

TV

I just saw on my Blogger Dashboard that I have 648 posts! I could publish them all as a book! When I die, I want a computer screen connected to my grave, with a slideshow of my blog. Because it's very me.

But that's not what I was going to talk about today.

While I've started another version of the poppy painting, my time this week has been spent watching the telly. Well, not really. I do work every day after all, and sometimes as late as 7pm even, so I've only got a couple of hours of free time in the evenings. But the free time I have has been mostly spent watching TV series.

We're still watching Mad Men. I'm still not sure what to make of it. The "period" element is fascinating of course, but the story is going at a very very slow pace. Sometimes there is very little happening in an episode, which leaves me wanting something more. And there is a heavy atmosphere throughout. You just feel something sinister is going to happen. But when? (In the meantime, I'm going to have a look at the Fashion File on their website!)

Lost, on the other hand, is moving, back and forth, at fierce speed. I think this is the 5th or 6th season, and it still fascinates me. I still don't know if Ben should be trusted (probably not). And who was the character who talked to Locke just before he pushed the wheel? Was it Jack's (dead) father? I think that's who it is, and I'm looking forward to finding out more about it - all in good time of course.

And then, there is Brothers and Sisters. Which I watch on 4OD on Saturday afternoons. It's got far too much drama, but I love it. Will Kitty's mariage survive her husband's political ambitions, will Sarah's new venture into the dot com world liberate her somehow, will Nora meet Ryan?

And of course we're watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Brendan gave me the full boxset for our anniversary, and we're on Season 2 and enjoying every moment of it. Second time around of course, as we were keen followers of Buffy in the old days. I can't quite remember when it first came out. But Willow is nearly 9 years old, so that gives you an idea.
No wonder I'm making so little progress with my painting these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment