Saturday, February 14, 2009

Poppy

In the end, I got my poppy painting done fairly quickly. It only took me a couple of hours to do the poppy itself, if even that. It's not as transparent and vibrant as I would like it to be, but I can't add more glazes or it will become dull, as the blue violet lines lift easily with each layer of violet red. And surely we don't want that.






I'm now planning to do another version of it, following inspiration from Shirley Trevena's book taking risks with watercolour.


By the way, that's it, I've had enough of Google Chrome. I decided to give it another try today, using Blogger. You'd think it would all work together, being a Google product too. But Chrome froze when I clicked to add a picture to my post. Those boys and girls at Google shouldn't release a product to the wider public without the basics working! It doesn't say on the download page that it's a Beta, but it certainly feels like one. Chrome is supposed to work faster than other browsers, but it's not much good to me if it freezes in the middle of my work!

No comments:

Post a Comment