Sunday, February 01, 2009

Nice smellies

I love the smell of face and body creams, shampoos, shower gels and soaps.

When I was small, I hardly had any sense of smell, my nose being battered by constant colds.

But now that I can smell, I just love it. I will often smell beauty potions in supermarkets and shops. I cannot buy perfume without knowing whether I will like or hate its scent.

A few of my current favourites:

Weleda Sea Buckthorn range: I got a sample handcream last year, and I longed for its smell for months. I now have the body wash and a big tube of handcream, part of a Christmas gift pack. I didn't know what Sea Buckthorn was, until just now, as I've checked it on Wikipedia. The smell of the range is enhanced by orange, grapefruit and other citrus oils. A warming and invigorating feeling, particularly nice under the shower.

Lush Pied de Pepper footcream: I'm a big Lush fan. Their bath products are to die for. I've recently opened a fresh jar of Pied de Pepper Foot Lotion. It's spicy and warm. The main scent I get is cinnamon and cloves. Brendan got the vanilla (a vanilla pod decoction being the main ingredient, he was right there). It does wonders for hard skin. The colour is the only thing that puts me off a bit- it's a dirty bubblegum pink.

Avalon Organics Rosemary deodorant: I used to buy Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil deodorant, but my pharmacy tell me that they can't get it anymore. I'll have to have a look somewhere else for it. It's really good. In the meantime, I've bought a Rosemary deodorant from Avalon Organics. A gorgeous wake-me-up smell for the mornings.

My all-time favourite: Clarins Eau Dynamisante. Always reminds me of our holidays. Perfect after a hot day in the sun, or in the morning shower. I love it in shower gels, body lotion, eau de toilette, ... I love the whole range

No comments:

Post a Comment