Here is a picture of a poppy that we grew from seeds we collected in Airfield earlier this year. As we sowed them quite late, we didn't expect much, but we got a good crop, just from a small pot. They brought a nice splash of colour in our garden, when my petunias and lobelias were looking quite tired. Which reminds me, I'd better go in the garden now and pull these out. Summer is over, though we are still enjoying plenty of sunshine and nice temperatures.
And here is a detail from the same picture. I might try something abstract based on this at some point.
By the way, if you are wondering what project I'm working on... I've started another version of the "Green over water" project. I'm trying to keep the colours more subtle. So far so good. And I stretched my paper properly this time, so there is no buckling. I'm currently trying to figure out how to do the darker green. If I just add more phthalo blue, it will just look too blue. I think I will need to add a very small amount of pink maybe to give it a duller colour. But I will need to experiment before I start adding colour and mess it all up!