Saturday, September 23, 2006

New hair cut

I was in town on Tuesday morning to pick up a Serial-USB adaptor from Maplin. I had taken the Luas, as parking in town is fraught (it was less than 24 hours since I had been clamped, remember?). I was making good progress, walking back towards St Stephen's Green via one of the back streets parallel to Grafton Street when a young woman approached me and asked me if I wanted a free hair cut.

As it turned out, I was in bad need of a hair cut, but I was in a hurry, so I hesitated for a bit. But she twisted my arm with a story of her model not turning up, and she was nearly qualified and there would be a supervisor... so I went in.

It took a lot longer than the 45 minutes she had estimated. I was in there for 2 hours! I guess that's the price to pay for a free hair cut

As it turns out, it was a Toni & Guy salon, and there was a good supervisor who checked on her work at every stage. And I was very happy with the results - though I have to say that I'm having difficulty in achieving the same look when I blow-dry it myself. Brendan is giving me those looks that mean "I love you dearly, but your hair looks completely mad. Surely it can't be that hard to get it to sit nicely like it was when you came home from the hairdresser's!" Unfortunately for me, it is that hard! My hair needs the weight to sit properly on my head. The layered cut makes it too light and it has a tendency to stick up. I should remind him of the Iroquois look sported by Erika, Laura and Sander at about 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment