Thursday, September 21, 2006

I got clamped!

I was in town on Monday, setting up a computer for a customer who has an office near Merrion Square. I parked on Upper Mount Street and put in money in the pay&display machine for 2 hours. But when I came out 3 hours later - the job had taken longer than planned - I found a big yellow clamp on my car, a sticker on the side window and the little blue note on the windscreen (it was in a plastic pouch - just as well, as it was pouring rain). I rang the number on the little blue note, talked to the very friendly guy at the service centre and gave my credit card details. He told me that their customer charter is to have all clamps removed within 1 hour of payment. 10 minutes later, the clampers were there to remove the clamp for me, and I was on my way again.

Very efficient service!! It cost me 80 Euro.

And that's why I don't normally take jobs in town!

(PS - the picture above is probably not the right kind of clamp - all I can say is that it was yellow. If you do a search on Google Images for car clamp, you will find that they come in many different shapes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment