Sunday, September 03, 2006

Star Dolls

Remember the little paper dolls we had when we were young? The ones you used to cut out of a magazine or a book, with the little paper dresses and skirts and tops with the little tabs to attach them to the doll? In some way, they were a simpler (much simpler) version of Barbies. Well, I've just discovered www.stardoll.com! Most 4-to-7-year olds already knew about it, of course, but I didn't, being a little older than that. I was asked to put it on a computer's favorites by one of my customers, and show her 4-year old how to use it. The 4-year old in question being very bright, she didn't need much tuition, but we spent a great hour or so putting on dresses on paperdolls of all types. Her personal favorite was Princess Madeleine of Sweden. And you know what - there is a good likeness between the paper doll and the real princess Madeleine!
There are so few computer games designed for girls that anybody who can come up with a good idea to get girls playing on computers should do well! Think of the Sims!

I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment