Sunday, May 21, 2006

Eurovision 2006, Athens

You can't break the habits of a lifetime...

Although I didn't host a Eurovision party this year, I still watched it - from start to end. I didn't vote this year. There really wasn't any song that I felt worth picking up the phone for. Belgium wasn't in it this year, otherwise, I would have voted for them, good or bad, Flemish or Walloon!

The Irish entry was OK - I think Brian Kennedy has put on weight, and his voice isn't as good as it used to be. He used to hit some high notes, which made his voice really unusual. Now, it felt like his voice is stronger, but somewhat blander. I was never a big fan of his style of singing, but there was a unique quality to his voice, which seems to be gone now.

The French entry was awful. The Finnish entry, which won, was OK, if you like big monsters singing a big song.

I quite liked the German entry. It's not often I'd say that, but this year, it was a nice song, well sung. OK, it was a country and western song, and the singer looked a little bit too old for the look, but I still liked it.

And the overall show was ... amazing... (Terry Wogan would kill me for using that word!)

No comments:

Post a Comment