Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Confetti

I went to the pictures with Lisa last night. We went to see Confetti. It's described as "A mockumentary that follows three couples as they battle it out to win the coveted title of `Most Original Wedding of the Year'", and it got some good reviews. It had its moments - some funny, some touching. There were also some dead moments in between the good bits. I'm glad I saw it, but I wouldn't say it's "movie of the year".
Some of the humour is a combination of "The Office" and "Green Wing". While I loved Green Wing, I can't stand The Office. That's probably why I have mixed feelings about Confetti.
We had a nice evening anyway. Lisa called around to the house, Brendan cooked us a nice dinner (pasta & salad, which left us with plenty of room for a Magnum & Pop corn). The Ormonde in Stillorgan was very quiet and I got an easy parking spot. Just as well, considering that I had to do an 8-point turn to turn the car around at the house. Not my finest driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment