Saturday, July 27, 2024

United Arts Club

Do what makes you happy. It sound simple. But it's not. I completely enjoyed sketching at the United Arts Club a few weeks ago. I was surrounded by sketchers, we were chatting, there was a lot of banter going on. It was pure joy. And I think that's reflected in at least two of my sketches. And it's wonderful. Urban Sketchers are my tribe. Forever. But I want other things too. I have other pursuits. Like painting beautiful semi-abstract landscapes. When I'm in flow, that makes me happy too. The thing is that, at the moment, I'm finding it a lot harder to get into flow when I'm painting. It comes and goes. It's such an elusive thing. But it doesn't mean that I want to abandon that side of me and just do what gives me immediate joy. A bit of a ramble. We all have different sides to who we are. We can embrace it all. Who says we have to choose, or listen to what others think?




No comments:

Post a Comment