Friday, July 19, 2024

A week in New York - Part 4 - everything else

In no particular order, some of the other sketches I did while in New York. 

We walked the High Line and came across Little Island, and I got a good vantage point from the top of Pier 53 (I think) to sketch it. It was nicer to look at from a distance than to be actually on it.

Union Square on a warm day. Lots of people working there, either on the phone or on video calls. Would never happen in Dublin. Because 1. Your laptop would be stolen the moment you put it on the chair and 2. Because it's just too miserable (As I'm writing this, in early July, it's 14 degrees and it's been raining all day, and we're actually IN the cloud right now).


We had a great room looking down 8th Avenue and also with a window looking West. Only got to sketch one side! I took lots of pictures and I might explore the other view in a different way.



And on our last day, I got to sketch in Grand Central Station. My people are a little bit stiff, but it was fun. What a beautiful building!


Forgot this sketch I did outside Macy's


No comments:

Post a Comment