Sunday, July 14, 2024

At the Hairdressers

Short hair needs maintenance. And I've given up on doing my own colour. The results were too unpredictable. Plus going to my hairdresser is a great excuse for a self-portrait and other doodlings. Since June is Direct Watercolour month, I brought a small palette and one of my Pigment square brushes. I had to figure out how to do my hair colour (with the colour agent on it) with the limited colours I had. It looked very green, until I lifted some of the paint with the slightly damp brush after the watercolour had dried. I'm very happy with how it looks! It looks like I have a big bruise on my face, but that's just how I saw the light and dark. I used a Rosemary & Co eradicator brush when I got back home to lift a little bit of colour, but found that the Stillman&Birn paper didn't react well to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment