Friday, November 19, 2021

Top of Harcourt Street

Trying to capture areas of Dublin that are currently undergoing major transformation. These lovely little houses in front of me, behind the bicycles, used to house shops and cafés. I used to work in the building on the right and would often go for lunch with the other project managers in a café there. Simple fare, homely. Now I suspect these buildings will be gone within the year, to be replaced by more offices and hotels. I just find it so sad that Dublin is being ripped up, and its people ripped off. You can't buy a house in Dublin anymore, there aren't enough being built, and rent is exorbitant, over €3000 monthly rent for a semi-detached in suburbia. And let's not talk about built-to-rent apartments going up everywhere!

Anyways, a lovely time spent sketching this view, including bikes, builders, and a very strange van!

And did I mention it was cold, and I took refuge in a Starbucks with tables in the window!





No comments:

Post a Comment