Friday, November 12, 2021

Merrion Square

I think this was our last warm sunny day of the season! We've been quite lucky for our Sunday outings. But now we're entering into November, so it won't be so pleasant!

It was a beautiful sunny day, with the light shining through the golden leaves, so I had no trouble deciding what I wanted to focus on!


I can be quite a fast sketcher. So I had time to walk around the park, and came across these slack rope walkers (I know, I made it look like a tightrope!!). Of course, I sat right in front of them and set to work. They were very friendly and some came over and took photos of my sketches. I should really add a background to these sketches, but that's ok, I was really only interested in their movements. Next time, I'll place them in context! Maybe.

As you can see in the brushpen sketches further down, it took me a little while to get into the rhythm of their movements! That's why it's always useful to carry a smaller sketchbook and a gestural pen with me.






Here's my urban sketcher photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment