Sunday, November 28, 2021

Camden Street

I never miss an opportunity for urban sketching! This is Devitt's pub on Camden Street. I've actually never been inside this pub. But it sure looks lovely from the outside. And they do traditional music too - although 9pm is a tad late for me!

What really interested me about this view, apart from the fact that I was sitting behind a bin, is how we as a nation have embraced outdoor dining and drinking.We didn't have much of a choice I'll hear you say. That's true. But never let a good pandemic go to waste. I think it's wonderful to see outdoors seating and umbrellas everywhere. We've been lucky so far this year, with relatively mild and dry weather. Things might be different when the winter storms start hitting!

PS: I have no idea about the story behind the man holding the clock on the side of the building! If anyone knows, drop me a line!


I had a delicious chicken and brie toasted ciabatta in Fresh down the road, and sketched some more. (This is a few weeks back, when we felt that indoor dining was relatively safe - the situation is changing rapidly around Europe!)


And here is the urban sketcher photo. I added colour while sitting outside Café Nero just across the road from the pub.



No comments:

Post a Comment