Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Blessington Street Basin

We're getting into the challenging weather season in Ireland. We don't get really cold winters here, but it's damp, and windy. So it's time to start wearing my warmer coat again. I always bring an umbrella, plus a woolly hat, and mittens, even all through the summer!

On this occasion, at the Blessington Street basin, we had  a drizzle and wind that made it hard to keep my sketchbook dry, particularly when the wind caught the water from the fountains. You can actually see the drops of rain in the sky quite clearly.  So I didn't start another sketch there, although I still had time left.

The Blessington Street basin is one of these little pieces of heaven right in the heart of the inner city. It's probably not the safest place at night, but by and large, the druggies don't care about artists with a sketchbook and pens and pencils!


No comments:

Post a Comment