Saturday, June 19, 2021

Out sketching again

It was so cold that I had to wear a fleece, a jacket, a woolly hat and mittens. But it was so worth it! The feeling of being with my tribe of urban sketchers, in real life, in the open air, by the Liffey at Islandbridge, in the Irish War Memorial Park.

I knew I wanted to paint the water. Well, I had been painting water from photos for ages in preparation for this. But the real thing was such an amazing experience. You feel one with the world. There's no other way to describe it!

And as is often the case with me, my first sketch was the best.


But I was happy with these vignettes too.


They make for a nice double-spread.


Then I did another one, but I should have taken a break, or worked in pen instead. My concentration was gone! I need to build up my sketching stamina again! And the cold didn't help.


Although I did find the time and energy for a final one, in ink and pencil and marker! I didn't feel up to sketching the boats, but I did the paddles and the stands, kind of! Next time, I must go on the other side and look into the rowing clubs - probably lots of interesting shapes to sketch!




No comments:

Post a Comment