Saturday, June 12, 2021

Dublin Castle in the sunshine

Ireland is the best place in the world when the sun shines. Not too hot. Just lovely. So I was lucky to be in Dublin Castle with my sketching gear! I felt very rusty initially, but decided to paint the big colour washes first, so I had a good structure to work from. I still managed to put extra windows where they did not exist, but hey, it's not architectural drawing! I added the blue sky when I got home. It anchored the whole thing rather nicely!

 
Then I felt the need to draw people. I decided to go for the silhouette technique I learned with Suhita Shirodkar. There were three ladies chatting a couple of benches away, and a gardener running a little fertilizer spreader on the grass. I pulled them together with a bit of grass! And by the way, it's a lot harder to sketch people from real life than from a photo! I kind of forgot that through the last 15 months!


Then it was time to move. Found these gorgeous Georgian buildings at the back of Ship Street. Only had time for a door and a few steps. Then I got a falafel wrap at the Silk Road café and made my way home. More days like this would be good!


No comments:

Post a Comment