Saturday, June 19, 2021

From water to the desert

Oh I love Direct Watercolor Month! Even when my explorations don't deliver the results I hoped for. I was inspired by one of Marc Taro Holmes' pieces from a view of Death Valley. It was so beautiful, delicate and strong at the same time. So I wanted to try something from photos of Death Valley from the last time we were there, a few years ago. Needless to say my attempts look nothing like Marc's silk-and-lace-like scene. But it doesn't mean I'll abandon the idea! We'll call this a first step!

For these two, I worked on a quarter sheet of Two Rivers paper, super rough!




I tried some vegetation, and definitely didn't achieve what I had in my mind! I need to be more delicate and use a lot more water, and figure out a more interesting value range! This was on cold press paper, Bockingford or Saunders Waterford.





No comments:

Post a Comment