Saturday, January 27, 2024

Socks

From tea cups to socks. Well, I like my new socks. They were a purchase from Instagram advertising, so I wasn't expecting much. But they are gorgeous colours, lively patterns. And they're cosy. Hopefully they will survive the laundry, because I've ordered some more. Nordic Socks I think. Made in Turkey. 27% Merino Wool. Yes, the advertising gave the impression it was 100% Merino. But if they last well, I don't mind too much. Gudrun Sjoden did lovely woolen socks one year, but I haven't seen them on their website recently.

So I started by doing a drawing by touch. Feeling the outside and the inside of the socks.With my Kakimori bullet nib, and Ina Ho Pilot ink. I love that ink so much. Don't know why I don't use it more. Then got lost in the pattern and ran out page. Then I drew the outline first. Yes, I know, I know, draw from general to detail, you would think I know that by now, but my neurodivergent mind sees the details first, never the bigger picture. And the final version is in watercolour, with a little bit of pencil on top.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment