Friday, January 26, 2024

Keeping a sketchbook at the table

I don't expect I will ever draw a proper ellipse. I shouldn't care, really. For some strange reason, I do. All to do with my lack of an art degree.  I don't know why it's such a hangup for me. I didn't have a degree in computer science, and I've worked in computers all my life. Sometimes, it bothered me. Most of the time, it didn't.

Anyways, I'm digressing. I'm on a mission to draw more, while I'm waiting for my urge to paint to come back. Another one of these things that's bothering me. There was a lot going on in my life last year, and I ploughed through. But I'm feeling the aftershocks still. So, yes, drawing more. The idea is that I don't let a day go by without drawing. So, a sketchbook at the dinner table is as good a spot as any. But also thinking about the story of my life that goes with these sketches. Recording my taste in teas (fresh grated ginger for breakfast, sencha loose tea at lunch, camomille around 3pm, and plain hot water for dinner - I like my drinks warm, not piping hot and definitely not cold). And the cup featured in the foreground is the one I bought at the Sketching Namur Urban Sketchers event last summer, designed by Sonia. Love it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment