Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Blue Still lives

These pots hold memories, even if I can't quite unlock them. The willow pattern teapot is from my parents' large collection. They could have fed a family of twenty with these. The vase is from my dad's side of the family. One of these things that was always there. And the cup is a Japanese- inspired cup that was to hold some herbs, except I'm really bad at growing things (I originally wrote "I'm really bad at drawing things"! Talk about a freudian slip!). I've enjoyed looking at this trio from many angles in the last few days. 

It was a prompt from Louise Fletcher's Art Tribe. A good way to start the year. I drew these in early January. By now, you all know I'm always late posting on my blog and Instagram, don't you?












No comments:

Post a Comment