Monday, January 22, 2024

Expressive drawing - it doesn't have to be pretty

Most of these hands, I drew with my right hand, but tried different ways to challenge my preconceived ideas about my own drawing skills. Yes, I do still think that I'm not very "good" at drawing. This goes along with the notion that if I didn't go to art college, I'm not a proper artist! Crazy what goes on in that head of mine! And I thought that with a solo exhibition under my wing, all these insecurities would disappear! Not one bit!

I'm thinking I have too many art tools, and some will go to charity. But then I tried this Cretacolor Graphite Aquarell pencil in 4B, and I really enjoyed what it did! But seriously, I am not buying any more art supplies for a long time! Will I last the year? I hope so. Unless I start painting a lot more again! 





I enjoyed doing these self-portraits by touch!


This stump, not sure what to make of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment