Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Exploring, noticing what I notice, finding themes and trends

Remember I mentioned the Art Tribe from Louise Fletcher? The new set of videos for January was about setting your own creative brief. It was maybe a repackaging of concepts that she's already explored, but it helped me find a spark of excitement about themes that interest me. I guess in a way I already knew what I was going to discover. Shelley had told me before that I already do a lot of what Louise teaches. But I think there is a difference between doing something without really understanding why, and learning the concepts and ideas in depth. Particularly when you're in a phase of creative block. That's when you need the resources to pick yourself up and find the spark again!

So expect more seas and skies and rocks and trees, squiggles and abstract mark making!!


No comments:

Post a Comment