Friday, January 12, 2024

Art Tribe

Yes, I've been in a funk in terms of painting since September, more or less. I blame the foot. And everything that happened last year. So I'm trying various things to spark my creativity and start painting again. I discovered Louise Fletcher through Shelley, who was doing an amazing course with her. I was too late to join the course, plus I didn't really want to embark on another learning journey. But I needed something, so I subscribed to the Art Tribe, which is basically an annual subscription that gives you access to lots of video sets to help you with anything art related. Sometimes, you just need someone to motivate you, even if most of the videos are geared for people who work abstractly and in acrylics. Still, the principles are the same for a lot of what they teach, particularly in the "artist mindset" section.

Here, I just doodled while I was watching one of the videos. An interesting observation for me is that I don't learn well from videos or podcasts. My mind drifts off. I don't know if it's to do with difficulties with auditory processing or just that my age group learned from books! Sometimes, I just would like the information to be given to me in a checklist and then I could skip watching the 15-minute videos!


No comments:

Post a Comment