Friday, November 13, 2020

Zoom still life

Funny that the French word for "still life" is "nature morte". And for me, that's exactly how it feels. Don't get me wrong. It's better than nothing. But I miss urban sketching. Zoom calls with still lives on a theme are simply not the same. I wouldn't miss them for the world. It's great to catch up with friends and paint at the same time. And the chat is always interesting. And even an hour not thinking about anything else than what colour to place beside a shape is good for the soul. But I need to get out of here. Wish I was a celebrity!

I'm just thinking back to being in Porto for the Urban Sketchers Symposium in 2018, and how wonderful it was - sketching and discovering all day, and talking about sketching all the time. And Amsterdam in 2019, the heat wave, and learning so much, and catching up with friends... Right now, it feels like those days are gone, never to come back. It's a bit like when you get the flu, or a back ache, and you think you will never feel well again. But you do get better, with time. And life starts again. It will. Will it?




No comments:

Post a Comment