Friday, November 13, 2020

The house on the mountain

Starting to think about my next project. The inspiration for this is a view over the mountain to the left of Glanmore Lake from the Healy Pass, on the Cork/Kerry border on the Beara Peninsula. Check out Google Maps for this breathtaking vista. I took lots of photos the first time I was there, only a few years ago. The light hitting the hill was amazing in the afternoon. And the little house on the left has the most gorgeous fields in front of it, in contrast to the harsh mountain land above. 

So, for now, I'm just trying to figure out what I love about this scene. And I'm using the Sketching Playlab "Shifting Views" technique to explore! It doesn't look like much yet. I'm finding it hard to set aside the time I need to make real progress with this. I have so many ideas and projects running around in my head at the moment that I'm not getting very far with anything. But Rome wasn't built in a day, so I'll be kind to myself!






No comments:

Post a Comment