Saturday, November 07, 2020

The autumn leaves

I'm not going far these days. Just looking out my window. I'm declaring it as an urban sketch, though - done on location, and telling the story of the crane I can now see from my window, and the beautiful evening sky that I will not see anymore when the apartment block is built - 6 to 8 floors. That's high. I lodged objections to the planning application three times. In the end, I just gave up. This developer is one of those that can't be stopped. And to think he bought the land from the nuns for just one million euro. The poor dears thought they had done well, not realising how much money he's going to make when he's got over 200 apartments built! It's sad really. 

Rant over.

So, I'm putting into practise the vignette idea from the latest Sketching PlayLab. I'm enjoying it a lot! I'm one of these people that gets fed up drawing many trees. Although it would appear that I don't get tired of sketching the same view over and over! It's actually looking lovely right now, with a darkening sky and a sliver of pink where the sun is setting. I should be sketching it rather than write about it. But I'm tired, so it will be for another day!




No comments:

Post a Comment