Saturday, September 07, 2019

The tree on the hill


I never run out of inspiration. I have hundreds, if not thousands, of photos I've taken over the years, all with the idea that they might be developed into a painting some day. I can never hope to catch up, except maybe when I'm very old and I can't leave the house any more. But at that stage, if my legs have gone weak, my hands will probably be no better and I don't know how my drawing and painting will be affected. Well, that's not something I need to worry about for now. As you know, I was in France for a short holiday earlier this summer and I was very taken by the rural landscape. So this little watercolour is from a photo I took during an evening walk, when the heat of the day had abated and it was actually possible to walk without overheating.
I used only a few colours. And I'm thinking I want to try a larger version (quarter Imperial, or even larger, but I need to tidy my art room first!)

No comments:

Post a Comment