Sunday, September 15, 2019

The Bluebell Ladies Choir

It was wonderful to be invited to sketch at the rehearsals of the Bluebell Ladies Choir at the Bluebell Community centre. Many thanks to the Dublin City Council Culture Company for making this possible. The ladies will be performing in the National Concert Hall, along the orchestral pieces of the Bluebell project on Tuesday.

I don't sketch people very often, at least people who know I'm looking at them and drawing them, so I have to admit I was a bit nervous. I even dreamt about my pencils rolling all over the desk the night before! But everybody at the Community Centre was so nice that I soon left my nerves behind!

I really enjoyed getting to know them while sketching them. There was a lot of banter going on before they actually started rehearsing!
They were all wearing lovely colours, which made my job easier.
Initially, they were all sitting in a circle, so I started sketching them individually, but then they went into formation and I got a chance to sketch them as a group. (I added the colour background when I got home). And I also had the time to do a quick sketch of Graham on the guitar. Apologies to Sinead, I didn't get to sketch her. Hopefully will manage to sketch her at the National Concert Hall.

Next, I will be sharing with you my sketches of the orchestra rehearsals!









No comments:

Post a Comment