Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Camden Street, buildings and people

Another Sunday afternoon, another Dublin Sketchers outing. The Luas was busy with people going to the match (All-Ireland Gaelic football final - it was a draw, there'll be a replay in two weeks' time) but we were sketching well away from the stadium, so the only busy spots around the area were the pubs, which were all showing the match on their screens.

Here is what I sketched, a pub that still had the banner for the All-Ireland Hurling final!



And a few people sketches to keep on practising! I love my Firmo Diário Gráfico for these quick sketchy moments!Maybe I should add a bit of colour to some of them? Funny the things you notice when you start doing those quick thumbnail sketches. There was a young woman waiting for someone - I sketched her at the bottom of the first page. When I got to the bottom of the second page, she was still there, still patiently waiting. But by the time I had packed my bag and looked again, she was gone. I hope he/she was worth waiting for!



No comments:

Post a Comment