Monday, September 16, 2019

The Bluebell Project - Sometimes the Signal Jumps - Full rehearsal

The power of a full orchestra is an amazing thing. And the power of a community that works together towards a common goal! I was blown away by the performance of The Bluebell Project - Sometimes the Signal Jumps at the National Concert Hall. I was at the rehearsals and I just loved it! Can't wait for the actual performance at the NCH on the 17 September (tickets are free but you need to book)!

But don't take it from me and my sketches, see it in the Irish Times, no less!

Many many thanks to the Bluebell Community Development Project and the Dublin City Council Culture Company to allow us to sketch during the rehearsals, and most importantly to all the local men and women who invested so much of their soul into this adventure. You are all heroes!

I've added colour to some of these sketches, and for some of these I'll share both the original ink sketch and the finished ink and watercolour one! You can click on any image to see it in a larger format.

Initially I had difficulty taking it all in, and my sketches also reflect the stop-and-start nature of rehearsals. But in the second half, they did a full run-through of all the pieces (songs and poetry by local members of the Bluebell Community) and I tried to sketch it all in one piece, so I'll share that one first so you get an idea of how epic it was!



Following are my less structured sketches - wow, I sketched a lot more than I realised! No wonder I was tired afterwards!


















No comments:

Post a Comment