Sunday, June 30, 2019

They don't all work out


I can't believe we had better weather in February/March than we do now. On one beautiful day, we headed to Glendalough after everything that needed to be done was done. I sketched. We took photos. Timber had a ball. So I thought I'd try to paint that glorious view in direct watercolour. Well, my advice is: don't try to paint a complex scene when you're not feeling 100%. It will not work the way you wanted and you'll get frustrated. That said, I posted this picture in an arty group and got amazingly positive feedback about it. I got 59 Likes! When's the last time I got 59 Likes? First time in Forever!!! (And yes, I'm singing the Frozen song!). So, maybe, rather than thinking about all the things that didn't work out, I need to focus on the ones that did work the way I wanted, and see if I can reproduce that effect in another painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment