Sunday, June 30, 2019

For the first time in Forever...


One of the things I thought about with that last painting was that I used too many colours. And not just too many colours, but too many ready-made colours. So there was no harmony, just a mishmash of hues placed randomly on the page. So that made me determined to go back to a limited palette. I wasn't going to order Uma Kelkar's Big Impact palette from the US, tempting as it is, but I had the colours in tube form, more or less anyway, and I could repurpose a travel palette that I don't use much. So that's what I did. And since I still had some space, I placed another 9 pigments to the right, pigments that I like, like PG50, Cascade Green, Moonglow, ... just to have them in case I feel the need to go wild.

So this is how I came to paint a view of the Corbières from a photo I took years ago. And since all the greens and purples and darks are mixed from the same base colours, they all work well together. And that one got 84 Likes! For the first time in forever...


No comments:

Post a Comment