Friday, June 14, 2019

Ballerino? Ballerina


This one was a bit strange, but so much fun. I did a drawing of a dancer on Croquis Café for #OneWeek100People a couple of months ago. And now I wanted to paint a ballerina from that drawing. But I didn't have any drawings of a female dancer. So I used the very male dancer I had and put him in a blue tutu. It kind of worked!
By the way, what's happened to Croquis Café on YouTube? They seem to have removed all their videos! Thankfully I managed to find them on Vimeo. Is it another case of Social Media going politically correct? Did I tell you that I was told to remove the link to my blog on Instagram, "to protect our community". Now what doesn't make sense is that I still post life drawings and paintings on my Instagram account, but for some reason Facebook seems to be ok with that, but not with the link to my blog, which contains exactly the same pieces! Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment