Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Berries

I am in direct watercolour mode, exploring everything I can do with a brush and no pencil or pen! Blueberries were harder to paint than I would have thought, but I did manage to capture some of the colours.

I am taking part in the Dublin Sketchers sketchbook project for Olives, Oysters and Oranges at the Olivier Gallery. I currently have three sketchbooks inspired by Ulysses, well, one full and two about halfway! It's amazing how exploring a book that's considered difficult by most through sketching can open new and interesting ways to enjoy it. I've actually come to think of Ulysses as 'just a bit of fun' and its characters as 'deeply human'.

'Poisonous berries. Johnny Magories. Roundness you think good. Gaudy colour warns you off. One fellow told another and so on. Try it on the dog first. Led on by the smell or the look. Tempting fruit. Ice cones. Cream. Instinct. Orangegroves for instance. Need artificial irrigation.'

No comments:

Post a Comment