Saturday, January 19, 2019

Life Drawing - charcoal, watercolour, pen

Last week, our model was the lovely Megan. At the start of the class, I struggled with the voice inside my head, but by the time I reached for the watercolours, I was fully 'in the moment'! No time to overthink or rub charcoal off. Every stroke of paint or fountain pen fully committed, with no time to change my mind or second-guess whether it's accurate or not.

When the weather improves, I promise I'll bring larger watercolour paper so I can paint legs and feet. For now, I just don't want to be carrying too much!


Watercolour and red pencil - first version done in studio. I changed the background after I got home. Not sure it's better.

 Sailor Fude and watercolour. Trying to keep whites for highlights.

First drawing of the evening, 2 minutes


10 minutes. Enough time to check vertical measurement. Not enough time to draw the stool she was resting her knee on.


15 minutes. I struggled with the foreshortening of the legs, but I focused on angles to try and figure it out. Lots of corrections. But, again, no time to draw the chair.



No comments:

Post a Comment