Thursday, January 24, 2019

DLR Lexicon

It's been a busy week - But I did manage to meet up with Dublin Sketchers on Sunday afternoon.
This one is from a while back. I was practising continuous line - and thoroughly enjoyed it, even though they're not all 100% continuous. It was a good way to get the creative juices flowing, with no pressure, knowing that the result would be wobbly. An excellent way to tackle a complex scene too!

 This was the last one I did in my big sketchbook. Lots of students in the library - exams in January!

I started outside, despite the cold. It was wonderful to look out to sea and feel the fresh air on my skin. The sea was an amazing colour - a soft but intense green, which I love! I added a little collage element after I got home.

OK. This one was ambitious - the view of the church in Dun Laoghaire and the apartments, down to the harbour and Dublin bay behind. I was lucky to get a seat at the window, beside all the students - I don't know how they can study there - I would be too distracted. Things went horribly wrong when I realised I had placed something where it didn't belong in the church spire, right at the start, but I took a deep breath and continued, and I'm glad I did! I really like how this turned out in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment