Thursday, January 10, 2019

Sketching at the National Gallery

I was full of enthusiasm for our first Dublin Sketchers outing of the year. But I ended up like an overtired child. I walked around the National Gallery like a lost soul, unable to settle. In the end, I had to go outside, into Merrion Square, battle with my little chair, take out my biggest, chunkiest tool, a big grey Posca marker, and attack the page. Once I had that out of my system, I went back indoors and sketched in the cafeteria. By the time I was done, I was nice and relaxed and enjoyed the chat with everyone.

If the weather is dry next Sunday, I must wear warm clothes and sketch outside, no matter how cold it is! It's not even been that cold here so far this winter. So I have no excuse. The grey skies are uninspiring, though!





No comments:

Post a Comment