Monday, February 19, 2018

Too bright?


And in case you're wondering how I'm still managing to blog despite the flu, I'll let you in on my dirty little secret: I prepare my posts in advance!! Yes, I spend every Monday evening organising my photos and writing my blog posts for the week. So, no matter how busy I get, or how sick I get on this occasion, my posts will still appear. Which is just as well, as I can barely see my screen right now. That's what happens when you doze off on the sofa until 11 am!

Also, I hope I'll be better soon, because this is the last of pre-prepared posts!!

Not all paintings work out, even when you're on a roll! This one is just too bright and blocky. And I'm not sure how to resolve it. It's inspired by a photo from New Zealand 10 years ago. Amazing colour of the water in the river, huge mountain in the background, and dense golden forest in the middle ground. But the result is too flat. Composition question again! What is my focal point? I don't know is the answer. And that's why this painting doesn't work. Should I try different versions? Or leave it for a while?


I could crop it, and reduce the importance of the mountain? But even then, the mountain shape doesn't read as a mountain.

Let me think on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment