Saturday, February 03, 2018

Sunrise in Belfield

I haven't quite decided on a title for this one yet. I might call it 'Inspired by Turner'. Except that's a bit blowing my own trumpet, isn't it?
Still, I'm very happy with how it turned out - I know it looks very simple, but that's the feeling I was looking for. And if it makes me happy, that's all that I need.

The location is the new lake in UCD. Well, newish - it's been there a few years now. There's a lovely wooden decking around part of it, from which you can admire the ducks and swans. A few buildings in the background - the new Confucius centre, the chaplaincy and the UCD Sutherland School of Law, with the sun rising in the East. Compared to my previous painting of the same subject, I left a lot of things out - the ducks, the reeds, etc, but this is the direction I want to go towards, more abstract, more colour for the sake of colour. I just love colour!


No comments:

Post a Comment