Monday, February 05, 2018

Token

Sunday before last in Token with Dublin Sketchers. A retro arcade with gaming and pinball machines. Children are welcome until about 4pm I believe, then it takes on a more grown-up vibe, in that you see more people with a pint of beer than kiddies with their bag of tokens.

A big yellow table (thinking of Joni Mitchell now) had been reserved for us downstairs near the pinball machines. I tried to sketch upstairs but it was a bit busy with my big sketchbook, so I spent most of my time with the pinball machines, either drawing them or playing them. Quite a blast from the past for me - my brother had a small pinball machine at home when we were kids, and I played it a lot. And most cafés in Belgium have one (or a pool table). I was never particularly good, but it didn't stop me. My favourite machine was the Star Trek The Next Generation one, hence the trekkie quotes! I didn't do much work really, but it was fun! Do check the sketches on the Dublin Sketchers website - some are really good!

And another sketcher actually captured me at work! Or play rather!




This was also my assignment for A Drawing A Day on Sketchbook Skool! Killing two birds with one stone!

No comments:

Post a Comment