Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Gesture drawing

From freeze frame to a yoga video. Well the exercise is about gesture drawing at a yoga class, but that would take a while to organise, so I used my favourite online yoga classes, Yoga with Adriene, starting with gesture (brush pen) while the video was running and then going back over and pausing the video to capture more detail in coloured pencil about each pose. Exciting stuff! I want to try it again with a calligraphy marker.

The online yoga classes with Adriene are brilliant, by the way. The videos are free on YouTube and you'll find yoga for all occasions, from morning to night, from 7 minutes to 40 minutes. Since I've discovered Adriene, I do practise my yoga two or three times a week now (on top of the weekly class at Danu Yoga without which I would be a nervous and physical wreck!). I can't say I see the physical benefits yet, but I feel good about turning up. And that's enough for me.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment