Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Books read over the last few months

This is going back to the summer - I'm not reading as much as I used to.

The Patience Stone - a story of a wife and her injured husband in Afghanistan, or somewhere similar. The husband is in a coma. The wife looks after him every day. Outside, war rages on. And inside, another type of war. Best book in a long time. And I had a quick look at the DVD trailer on Amazon, and it looks really good too.

The Round House - it was a long time since I read a book by Louise Erdrich. A beautiful story of a young teenage boy, whose family is torn by a brutal attack. Great read.

Slade House - I like David Mitchell's stories. This is the prequel to The Bone Clocks. I should have read it first of course. But it was brilliant all the same. Makes me want to re-read the Bone Clocks. And Cloud Atlas!

Morality Play - the story of a band of medieval actors, who end up in a town where a boy was found dead on the side of the road. They decide to tell the story of the boy's death. But they find that elements of the narrative don't make sense. This is like a medieval thriller. A good story.

Small Great Things - I can't have my summer holidays without reading a Jodi Picoult book. Small Great Things delivered all I wanted! The story of a black delivery nurse and a white supremacist family.

PS: I've read all of these in Kindle edition. But I've put the links to the paperbacks. Not sure why!






No comments:

Post a Comment