Thursday, February 09, 2017

Venice Sketches

January in Venice is a cold month. The thermometer was showing 5 or 6 degrees, but it felt colder, despite the beautiful sunshine. I wore thermals, top and bottom, every single day. And wooly hat, scarf and gloves.
Plus there was so much to see!
Not the best conditions for urban sketching. But I did manage to fit in a few.

Many angels in Venice. This one was in the Music Museum in San Marco

I drew the cello on the right to start with. The one on the left worked out much better!

View from the balcony at the top of the San Marco Basilica - The sun was shining. There wasn't too many people. It was a lovely spot. Some day I will finish all those windows and arches!
Good intentions to finish this sketch, but time ran out on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment